Due to high demand this course is full and registration is closed
VISTA® V12, Field Processing and QC
This one day course highlights VISTA's tools for data import, positional QC and data QC. An emphasis is placed on common QC requirements and procedures for 2D and 3D land acquisition. However, this course is also recommended for seismic processors, since QC is fundamental to any successful processing project.
- VISTA Tape.
- Importing 2D and 3D datasets in SEGY, SEGD and other formats.
- Creation, editing and customization of working VISTA dictionaries to import and/or output seismic datasets.
- Seismic Window display (managing several windows).
- Trace Editing (Trace Amplitude statistics generation and cross-plotting, Polarity Reversals, Trace kills, Broadcast/ Reception of amplitude statistics).
- Signal Analysis (FK filter design, Frequency Analysis, S/N ratios, etc…..).
- Working with the Header Window (Crossplot Displays, Header math, Header mapping and trace statistics).
- Working with the Attribute Window (QC displays, Plotting amplitude statistics on surface views).
- Geometry creation for 2D & 3D datasets (straight line, crooked line and 3D binning).
- Geometry QC (LMO Velocity definition, First Breaks picking and QC, FARR QC for shot and receivers, Shot and Receiver station coordinate prediction from first breaks).
- Creating, Editing and Running processing flows in VISTA (Band pass filtering, Gaining, Deconvolution, Velocity picking and stacking, residual statics).
Prerequisite: Introduction to VISTA® V12 or equivalent experience with VISTA
RAC Conference Center
1880 S. Dairy Ashford, Ashford Crossing Building II
Houston, TX 77077
$525 / 1-days
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Course registrations are not confirmed until payment is received in full. GEDCO reserves the right to cancel any course. If a course is cancelled, students will be contacted by phone and/or email to arrange a training credit. Every effort will be made to reschedule a cancelled course or transfer registrations to a later date. In the event of a date change, every attempt will be made to ensure that students are notified at least five business days prior to the course start date. Students may cancel their registration 10 business days (two weeks) prior to the course start date for a full refund. No credit or refund will be provided for any course registration cancelled less than 10 business days (two weeks) prior to the course start date. Registered participants that are unable to attend the course may send a substitute. GEDCO must be notified of any participant substitutions prior to the course start date.