VISTA® V12, Full Seismic Processing
This two day course presents basic tools and advanced VISTA features required to fully process 2D and 3D datasets. Highlights include:
- Amplitude Recovery testing and application (Tpower, ExpGain) and Amplitude Equalization (Scaling, AGC, Time Variable Scaling, SC scaling).
- Refraction Statics picking, Editing and QC (Elevation Statics, Refraction Statics, Refraction based residual statics, True Surface and Floating Datum concepts)
- Autocorrelations and Cross-correlations.
- Linear Noise Attenuation (FK filtering, Radial transform filtering, Fk-Fx, Tau-Pi basic concepts and advantages).
- Deconvolution (Surface consistent and trace by trace).
- Time Variable Spectral Balancing.
- Interactive Velocity Analysis (Creation of Semblance, Common Offset and Common Velocity Stack gathers); Velocity QC and display.
- Residual Statics.
- Pre-stack Random Noise Attenuation (THOR).
- Stack and Post-stack migration.
- Pre-Stack time migration PSTM
o PSTM data preparation
o PSTM Trace Response test.
o PSTM Image Velocity picking (movie and panel modes).
o PSTM Aperture definition (angle analysis).
o Final PSTM Migration.
- Post-Stack Random Noise Attenuation (4D-DEC, 5D-DEC).
- Multiples attenuation using SRME and Radon (Optional topic).
- 5D Interpolation (Optional topic).
- Converted Wave processing [Separation and Rotation of data components, PS-wave NMO, CCP Binning, Receiver Statics, etc] (Optional topic).
Prerequisites: Introduction to VISTA® V12 or equivalent experience with VISTA.
VISTA® V12, Field Processing and QC recommended.
A basic understanding of seismic acquisition and seismic data processing concepts.